Home invaders beat up a man, steal his pet's ashes and more

PSL home invasion robbery.JPG
Man beaten during home invasion in Port St. Lucie; suspects sought (WPEC)

A sense of security shattered.

There have been two armed home invasions in the matter of weeks rattling the peace in the typically quiet city of Port St. Lucie.

The robberies were only seven miles apart and the most recent happened Wednesday morning.

Francesca, who didn’t want to provide CBS12 with her last name, was visibly shaken from Wednesday morning’s home invasion. She Just left the house when police say two men with guns charged through her open garage where her husband was working out.

“I thank God he is alive, I can’t even imagine what he went through,” she said.

Her husband describes the cime as 10 minutes of hell, believing he was targeted because of the open garage. He says the suspects took him inside and ordered him to his hands and knees.

“He thought he was going to die,” Francesca said.

Police say the intruders smacked the top of his head with a handgun.

“I walked in and there was blood all over where they made my husband crawl around on his hands and knees in his own blood,” Francesca said.

Francesca says the attackers forced him to crawl to their bedroom, then demanded to know where the jewelry was.

“They can have the diamond necklace that my dead mother gave me,” she said.

However, she says their next move was pure evil.

“They stole my dog’s ashes, which is unthinkable," Francesca said. "I don’t know what kind of people do that."

Next, she says her husband had to crawl to another room that had a gun safe. Four guns were swiped, then the suspects pistol whipped his head again and took off, according to police.

“I had to take my husband in to the ER after the crime scene got here, the SWAT team got here, all at my home,” Francesca said.

Now a team of detectives are on the case and Francesca plans on upgrading her security.

“Did they scare us, yeah, yeah we are scared, I’ll admit it, we are scared," Francesca said but we are staying,” said Francesca.