Costco is at it again with another big, cheesy product on their shelves.
It's a cake! But not necessarily the cheesecake you may be thinking of.
You can now buy a five-tiered cake made entirely out of artisan cheese wheels.
Their website says there is some assembly required - just stack the cheese wheels and decorate it any way you'd like.
The five cheeses included in the kit are:
- Red Leicester - 8 lb. avg - Kilchurn Estate Red Leicester is made similar to an English Cheddar. It has a sweet, medium-strong flavor and crumbly texture. Red Leicester is made using pasteurized cow's milk and aged for a minimum of nine months. Ground annatto seeds are added to create a deep russet red color and a marvelous experience to this farmstead pasteurized cow's milk cheese.
- Danish Blue – 7 lb. avg – Our Danish Blue is subtle and tangy with only mild bleu cheese flavor but striking green and blue veins throughout and a crumbly texture. It is produced in the eastern most region of Denmark using pasteurized cow's milk and aged for five to six weeks.
- Murcia al Vino – 5 lb. avg – Our drunken goat cheese, Murcia al Vino, begins with Murciano-Granadina goats that graze on the rich grass and wild herbs of Southern Spain. Their fresh, pasteurized milk creates an intensely flavorful cheese that is then dried and immersed in local Murcia wine. The drunken cheese is then aged for an additional 75 days to allow the wine to fully permeate the naturally low-fat cheese.
- Tuscan Sheep’s Cheese – 3 lb. avg –This traditional Tuscan sheep's milk cheese is cured with salt and aged for 60 days in natural grottos on beechwood boards. The result is a clay-like aroma, smooth, even rind with a semi-firm texture, and slightly sharp, but nutty taste that improves with age.
- Brillat Savarin Triple Cream Brie – 17 oz. – This luscious triple cream brie from the Normandy region of France has a soft, velvety texture and creamy flavor. Made from pasteurized cow’s milk and aged for two weeks, this heavenly cheese is sure to please the most discerning palates.
If this is your dream wedding cake, you can have it for $439.99 and it will feed up to 150 guests.